I am on my second time through Weight Watchers. The first time I lost 101 lbs before who knows what happened and I ended up gaining it all back plus about 5 lbs. This second journey is proving to be way harder than the first, but I'm hoping that bodes well for it sticking - forever. I can't go through that again.

Friday, August 20, 2010

why is food so delicious?

This week has been a rough one - and I was doing so well and being so focused! I just can't stop eating. So my routine has been go home, eat too many low point items, and leave the house and go geocaching where I work up a considerable sweat (a lot of bushwhacking is involved), come home, eat a little while I catch up on some TV and then go to bed (after showering). So I still go over my daily points every day, but at least I'm getting in quite a bit of activity. I am terrified of what Monday will bring, because I want to STAY in the 230's damnit.


I found my old cards from a couple years ago when I did weight watchers at work. They are interesting to say the least. I can watch three cards worth of progression of me going up up up - I was around 174 at my lowest at those meetings. (my all time WW lowest was 163) This was the time that I was doing ww, but it really wasn't helping at all! I am currently 2 pounds above where I was at my highest point on those cards (on 1/22/09). I guess I have a new mini goal. I'll like to use these cards to start checking off/dating when I hit each of those weights. If that makes any sense. Well it does to me!

I could be wrong, but I don't think I've gone over my weekly 35, so I think I'm still in ok shape. plus I still have activity ones. I just have to get through the next three days without making any horrifically bad decisions. I can do this. I am going to try to eat very light on Sunday as will - something that's been proving difficult the past couple of months.
 
I am going to see some friends in Disney's High School Musical tonight.  Then we are going to go out to eat after - probably Uno's.  Uno's has some good food uptions - but not a lot and I am kind of getting sick of Uno's.  But they always go there Fridays because of karaoke.   Oh well, at least I know what I can eat.  I also discovered via Hungry Girl this morning that the item I always get at Applebees (yeah, I am not a fan of the WW options, they're ok, but kind of boring) the Grilled Shrimp 'N Spinach Salad is a whopping 26 points!!!! Holy crap!  All it is is spinich, grilled shrimp, bacon (chopped, it's like a piece of bacon) and a sprinkling of almonds.  20 of those points have got to be pure dressing!  Thank you Hungry Girl for opening up my eyes once again.  Next time I am getting Spicy Shrimp Diavolo, which is an insane 10 points.  Who would have thought that pasta would be healthier than a salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment