I am on my second time through Weight Watchers. The first time I lost 101 lbs before who knows what happened and I ended up gaining it all back plus about 5 lbs. This second journey is proving to be way harder than the first, but I'm hoping that bodes well for it sticking - forever. I can't go through that again.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Car Trip Conundrum

I am happy to report that I lost 1.8 this week! That means that I am only .2 away from my lowest weight again (this time!) and .6 away from -35. With Halloween approaching like a speeding bullet, and me having a tremendous sweet tooth, I'm taking this weeks meeting topic to heart. My roommate's son is with us 50% of the time, so this morning I asked him to please hide any incoming candy from me. I really don't think I'll go looking for it if I don't know where it is, esp. since I'm going to be so busy with shows.


The other major issue this week is that I'm going to The Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear in DC this weekend. This means a 4 hour road trip. We are leaving Friday noonish and returning Saturday evening. I am worried about how much control I will have over food. Let's see, if I eat before I leave, that means I have dinner Friday, and breakfast, lunch and possibly dinner Friday. Probably continental breakfast at the hotel, so that's a problem, but they usually have like cheerios or something. Well, I'm not too terribly worried about eating out, when in doubt, there is usually a grilled chicken sandwich. The main concern in the road trip, where you are bored with nothing to do but eat. I need to figure out a couple snacks I can bring that are yummy, but not too yummy. You know, something I'll eat, but not eat all of in one sitting. Fruits and veggies won't work, because I won't eat them if there's something more tempting (neither of my friends I'm going with is attempting to loose weight as far as I know and they both looove junk food) and I can't rely on will power when bored in the car for 4 hours. When I went to Florida, homemade low cal guacamole worked really well, but my one friend loves guac, and I'm afraid she'll eat it all, so I'll need something else as well. This will take some careful consideration.
PS I just looked up the hotel we are staying in and there is a fitness center! Here's hoping I'll find the time Friday night to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment