I am on my second time through Weight Watchers. The first time I lost 101 lbs before who knows what happened and I ended up gaining it all back plus about 5 lbs. This second journey is proving to be way harder than the first, but I'm hoping that bodes well for it sticking - forever. I can't go through that again.

Friday, March 18, 2011

shred it!

I love this show I'm in now. four of the girls are also on weight watchers and last night all of the girls going on and on and on about how I look like I've lost weight. Who doesn’t love hearing that? It's nice to have people around who are on WW too, because I am a closet eater and it's easier to go off plan when you're not surrounded by people who know what the plan is. And also because they are supportive I guess.


I have started doing Jilliam Michaels 30 Day Shred. A lot of my friends are doing it so I thought I'd give it a try. It's not easy. I did 2 days in a row and on the second day I used 3 lb weights for some things and 4 lb weights for others, so by the third day I was pretty sore. It was then that I decided to go on line and read the reviews. I love reading negative reviews for stuff. A lot of people made the good point that you should take days off to give your muscles time to heal, and I remember hearing that back in my gym rat days, when I had a personal trainer. Someone else mentioned that if you don't do this, your muscles retain water, causing a temporary gain. So I've decided to do 2 days on, one day off. When/if I get to a point where I'm not that sore the next day, I'll stop skipping days. I don't see that happening.

Oh and I am no longer morbidly obese! I'm just plain obese! So exciting. My next goal is to hit 40 lbs gone. my next goal after that is to be in the 220s. I have been in the 230s for sooo long.

No comments:

Post a Comment